A few years ago I wrote a bunch of articles for imagineFX called “Core Skills” for Clip Studio Paint. It’s probably time to revisit those in a new series of articles I’ll be doing for the blog called CSP The Basics.
These are things I think you’ll need to have a handle on using clip studio. It won’t replace a manual or a decent book, or any number of other resources. It’ll just be the way I work in the software for producing my own work. CSP – like any sofware often has more than one way to go about doing anything, and so, there’s a chance that I’ll introduce you to some other way of doing stuff or you’ll think “that’s not how you do that!”
Anyway, one article a week is the aim, we’ll see how it gets done.
The basics will be:
- File->New! Everything you need to know about creating a brand new file in CSP.
- Layers of meaning. WTF is a layer and why do I need to know what that is.
- File->Print. Digital pencilling in CSP.
- Basic 3d in CSP.
- Export. Exporting preview images for fun and (no) profit!
- Paint it Black. Digital inks.
- Lettering and why you should avoid it in CSP
- Colours – Flatting
- Colours – Rendering
And, that should be it.
If there’s any topic you think needs to be covered, or if you have any specific questions, then let me know!